Each year, the Longfellow Business Association (LBA) recognizes a business that has “greatly improved their property or facade.” LBA began sponsoring the award in 2000, and it was given out each year until 2005. It was revived this year, to draw attention to the many business improvements that have been made throughout the area.
The award is named for Diane Radtke, owner of the former Lake Street Garage, who led by example in her efforts to improve the neighborhood. In addition to being a charter member of LBA and the owner of a successful restaurant, Radkte was a tireless advocate for clean streets and vitality in greater Longfellow.
We are proud to have been included as a nominee along with an impressive list of other local businesses:
- Miller Upholstery, 3614 E. Lake St.
- Lowbrow Saints Tattoo, 3500 Minnehaha Ave.
- Sonora Grill, 3300 E. Lake St.
- Merlin’s Rest, 3601 E. Lake St.
- MN School of Barbering, 3615 E. Lake St.
- Northwest Graphics, 4200 E. Lake St.
- Rail Station Bar & Grill, 3675 Minnehaha Ave.
- Parkway Pizza, 4359 Minnehaha Ave.